- Brand: Costumes Without Drama
- Availability: 3
Bassoon Cleaning Swab
- Ex Tax: $30.60
These cleaning swabs have been meticulously designed by Tracey Nuthall: textile designer and proud parent to a long time clarinet and bassoon player! The result of her research and efforts is a fabulous tie-shaped silk/cotton blend swab which wicks moisture effortlessly and efficiently.
The key features of these swabs are:
- Double layer of fine fabric in silk/cotton blend gives higher moisture wicking compared to swabs with one fabric layer
- The use of fine fabric ensures there is no risk of the swab getting caught
- The slender tie-shaped design provides snag free travel through the instrument
- The low friction swab travels quickly through the instrument making packing up a little quicker!
- Durable cord
- String of weights
- One swab fits both wing and boot joints
- Environmentally friendly plastic-free packaging
- Hand made in Australia by a local textile artesan
- Care instructions provided
Sweet Reeds are proud to feature these swabs. We have tested them ourselves and we love them so much we are now using them as our full time swabs. Matt finds it wicks his water-prone instrument much more effectively than his previous swab (which was a single-layer teardrop shaped silk swab). And the 'tie' shape makes Jo feel safe that it won’t get caught in the top joint! You can see Jo's bassoon, Edgar, modelling the swab in one of the photos!
We love that these are handmade in Melbourne because we care about supporting local industry. We also love the plastic-free packaging! These little cuties are packaged with care by hand, using recycled card.
About the Maker
Tracey Nuthall is the creator of "Costumes Without Drama" based in Melbourne. She is passionate about ensuring that every child can have access to a costume for their school production. She is also acutely conscious of the environment and actively seeks ways to reuse and recycle in her work. The result is a person who is a dynamic powerhouse of care, resourcefulness and creativity, and this comes through in her work. We are proud to support women like Tracey in business and appreciate her hard work, her time and diligence and the many conversations we've shared to test and develop these fantastic swabs!