- Brand: Costumes Without Drama
- Availability: 2
Oboe Cleaning Swab
- Ex Tax: $23.95
These oboe cleaning swabs have been meticulously designed by Tracey Nuthall: textile designer and proud parent to a long time multi-instrumentalist! The result of her research and efforts is a fabulous swab which wicks moisture effortlessly and efficiently.
The key features of these swabs are:
- Single layer of fine silk/cotton blend fabric
- The use of fine fabric ensures there is no risk of the swab getting caught
- The low friction swab travels quickly through the instrument making mop-outs between orchestral movements even more efficient
- Durable cord at both ends allowing you to pull the swab in and out from the top and bottom of the joint
- String of weights
- Environmentally friendly plastic-free packaging
- Made in Australia by a local textile artesan
- Care instructions provided
Sweet Reeds are proud to feature these swabs. We have tested them with our oboe playing community and oboe teachers with a resounding thumbs up!
We love that these are handmade in Melbourne because we care about supporting local industry. We also love the plastic-free packaging! These little cuties are packaged with care by hand, using recycled card.
About the Maker
Tracey Nuthall is the creator of "Costumes Without Drama" based in Melbourne. She is passionate about ensuring that every child can have access to a costume for their school production. She is also acutely conscious of the environment and actively seeks ways to reuse and recycle in her work. The result is a person who is a dynamic powerhouse of care, resourcefulness and creativity, and this comes through in her work. We are proud to support women like Tracey in business and appreciate her hard work, her time and diligence and the many conversations we've shared to test and develop these fantastic swabs!