- Brand: Costumes Without Drama
- Availability: 7
Fagottino / Mini Bassoon Cleaning Swab
- Ex Tax: $24.00
The only specifically designed mini bassoon swab on the market!
We developed these with the assistance of one of our customers who helped us make a swab that would fit a mini-bassoon, inspire a young player to swab and was as easy to use as possible. We love them so much we wanted to share them with other young bassoon players and mini bassoonists everywhere.These pull-throughs are designed with a cord at each end, to facilitate pulling the swab in an out from the top and bottom of the joint. These swabs have a more slender shape than an oboe swab, making them very easy to use, especially for a young bassoon player.
The key features of these swabs are:
- Single layer of fine silk/cotton blend fabric
- The use of fine fabric ensures there is no risk of the swab getting caught
- Durable cord at both ends allowing you to pull the swab in and out from the top and bottom of the joint
- String of weights
- One swab fits both wing and boot joints
- Environmentally friendly plastic-free packaging
- Hand made in Australia by a local textile artesan
- Care instructions provided
- Comes in a range of colours to inspire the young bassoon player!
These swabs are designed for use with mini bassoons such as the Quint, Quart and Fagottino. Instruments which do not have a removable boot joint, such as some makes of the Tenoroon, are not suitable for use with this cloth. If you're unsure which instrument you have, please contact us for further information.
About the Maker
Tracey Nuthall is the creator of "Costumes Without Drama" based in Melbourne. She is passionate about ensuring that every child can have access to a costume for their school production. She is also acutely conscious of the environment and actively seeks ways to reuse and recycle in her work. The result is a person who is a dynamic powerhouse of care, resourcefulness and creativity, and this comes through in her work. We are proud to support women like Tracey in business and appreciate her hard work, her time and diligence and the many conversations we've shared to test and develop these fantastic swabs!